Frozen Animals STEM Activity
Save the frozen animals! This is a great STEM activity using the items from the Beach Sensory Bin. In this exciting ice experiment, the sea animals are trapped and with the use of salt and water, you can free the animals.
WHAT YOU NEED
- sea animals
- 3 bowls
- food coloring
- ~10" x 14" tray/container
- Freeze animals in bowl of water.
- Once animals are frozen, remove block of ice from bowl and place in container.
4. Pour salt into another small bowl.
5. Use a syringe or dropper to add water to frozen animals while sprinkling salt to slowly melt ice.
6. Optional to use tweezers or fingers to pull animals out of ice while melting.